Segway Vineyard Tour
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Barossa Valley, South Australia
- Product code: SEGWAY
This 90 minute experience starts with a Segway training session next to the cafe in the Seppeltsfield picnic grounds, before heading off for a one hour guided tour on two wheels. Traverse through the historic estate, passing by the heritage-listed buildings with commentary provided on the Seppeltsfield story. The tour then heads up the hill to visit the Great Terraced Vineyard to enjoy panoramic views of Seppeltsfield and the surrounding area. Includes a wine tasting at Cellar Door at the conclusion of your Segway Experience.
Tours generally operate on Saturdays and Sundays with extra availability on weekdays during peak holiday times. (Available for groups on other days by prior arrangement by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Participants must weigh between 40 kg and 120 kg as recommended by the manufacturer of the Segway.
- The minimum participant age for a Segway Guided Tour is 12 years old.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure they have read and understood the age and weight restrictions, and safety requirements.
- Flat, enclosed footwear and comfortable clothing are essential.
- Riders are required to wear a helmet and safety vest (to be provided).
- Riders must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Anyone who appears to be under the influence of either drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to take part in the Segway Vineyard Tour.
- Mobile phones or other electronic devices must not be used whilst operating a Segway.
- All participants will be required to sign a Disclaimer Form. All participants under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian and the parent or guardian must sign the forms.
Wet Weather policy - In the event of light rain our tours will still operate. We encourage all guests to dress weather-appropriately, and we can also provide complimentary rain ponchos.
In the event that we are not able to provide a tour due to heavy rain or storms, bookings can be transferred to another date or can be provided with a full refund.
Cellar Door Experiences - whilst Seppeltsfield Wines encourages all visitors to enjoy the experiences available on the Estate all wine tastings must be booked for after the Segway Vineyard Tour.
Cancellation fees for our Segway tours are as follows:
– Cancellations received more than 48 hours prior to the tour date will receive a full refund of the tour fee.
– Cancellations received less than 48 hours prior to the tour date are not entitled to a refund but may be offered a transfer to another date.
– Please also note that failure to arrive for a scheduled tour will incur a full cost of tour fee.
– Please note also that a “cancellation” includes a change to the date of a tour booking that requires the original booking to be cancelled.
Alteration or Cancellation by Us
In the event that we need to cancel or amend your booking, due to weather conditions or any unforeseen or unavoidable event beyond our control, we will notify you as soon as practicable and offer you the opportunity to receive a full refund. In all cases, our liability is limited to the amount of payment received by us.
- Riders must be able to walk unassisted and be able to stand for the duration of the 90 minute tour experience.
- Riders must be able to step onto and off the base of their machine. The step is approximately 8 inches / 20 cm tall.
- Riders must follow the instructions of their Trainer/Tour Guide at all times.
- Riders must have adequate vision in order to safely operate a Segway PT and must wear any prescribed glasses where appropriate. Riders must inform their Trainer/Tour Guide of any vision impairments which may affect their safety before participating in a Segway Vineyard Tour.
- Pregnant women or people with back injuries and/or other serious health problems should not participate in a Segway Vineyard Tour.
- Participants must not be affected by alcohol and/or drugs.
All participants will be required to sign a Disclaimer Form. The form includes but is not limited to the statements that the participant has read and understood their obligations and participates at their own risk. All participants under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian and the parent or guardian must sign the forms.
Right of Refusal
Seppeltsfield Wines reserve the right to prohibit any participant, prior to commencement, during training, or during the tour from participating in our Segway Vineyard Tours, if they fail to meet the Rider Requirements or do not maintain, at the tour guide’s discretion, acceptable behaviour, as specified in these terms and conditions. In such cases, no refunds or alternative dates will be given.